Friday, May 29, 2009

Kyrios 1/100 Review Pt.1

Finally finals over...

Okay, it's time I try reviewing one of my Gundam.

This is Kyrios of scale 1/100. Kyrios is the third Gundam from Gundam 00 Season 1 I bought. The first being 1/100 Dynames, followed by 1/100 Exia.
Firstly I like the color of the gundam of course...somewhat in the yellow family..
I pretty much like the designs of all 1/100 scale gunplas from this series. They are all very detailed and the articulations are not bad.



Being a 1/100 scale model, there are quite a lot of paintings to do for this kit. I've learned using a clear paint in the process of assembling this kit. I mixed clear blue & yellow to achieve a desirable clear green effect for the green panels on the chest, arms & the side of its head. You can't really see the effect from the photo above, the green panel looks like black because of the lighting.


In the photo above, I've marked the parts that are painted. Mostly with grey paint which I paint using grey gundam marker. There are also some dark grey part that are painted on the gun. Yeah.. so basically you have to do all the paintings to achieve the amount of details which for me is quite good enough.


Okay, now here you can see the green effect achieved from the clear green paint.(The original color of the green circular panel is just clear transparent. I've been wondering how to achieve that effect for some time. Finally I'm glad to know that there's no need for fancy2 techniques.


I also did my usual sanding technique using tamiya abrasives to achieve the matt look. Combined with the Real Touch Marker for the panel lining, it makes the kit looks a bit weathered(with some shadow effect & all).


This is the view from the back. Looks quite bulky. Kyrios is a transformable mobile suit. So, the articulation is not as flexible as either Dynames or Exia and this gundam is the type that looks better posed with a stand. Its design is for aerial combat after all.

Size comparison with a HG 1/144.

This is it for the 1st part, next part would be the transformation & some action poses.

2 comments:

SEN said...

mun kau engkah rah background yang kacak pasti tampak lebih bergaya heheh..

Ilham Abadi said...

hahaha..ya lah..malangnya ku diam hostel... susah mok carik background kacak lagi bergaya.. XD

 
Website Design Sydney
Website Design Sydney