Sunday, November 23, 2008

Dead Space

The latest game I played.
I've been thinking of buying this game for my PS3. To decide whether the game is worth the money, I played the PC version of the game.

This game is a horror adventure type of game in a sci-fi environment. As the name suggests, the setting is in space.
The gameplay is similar to Resident Evil 4 which is why I LIKE... ^^
The over-shoulder view very much like Resident Evil 4

In this game the instead of having the 'traditional' head-up display to display information, all info are displayed using a holographic projections, usually appear near the character's armor & weapons. This being said, everything you do will be in real-time, which means, you can still move around, being attacked, fighting monsters while your are accessing your info such as receiving messages, your inventory, maps & so on. Thus, it maximizes your in-game experience throughout the game.

Of course my laptop is incapable of producing the graphics of the game to its full potential, but from what I see from the video reviews and such, the graphics are beautifully done. Which is why I'm considering of buying this game for PS3. Everything looks very much alive. Monsters' dead bodies stay where they are where you killed them unless u leave the place long enough. The physics in the game looks pretty much well done. The way things move in the game looks real.
The sound is definitely amazing. Although I played the game only using my laptop speakers (haven't got the chance to connect my laptop with my speakers yet), I can hear the quality of the sound. As usual, music enhances the fright-factor of the game.

In this game, instead of the usual 'shoot the head' type of game, you will have to cut the limbs of the monsters to kill them and the monsters move really fast.
All the screenshots are from GameSpot

You can buy weapons, upgrade them, upgrade your armor & such. So far, I've only completed chapter 2. About replay value of the game? I'm not sure yet. I sure hope you get to keep all the stuff & upgrades you've gain once you finish the game for the subsequent play through. I'll find out about it soon enough.

The storyline, I'm not sure. Haven't finish the game yet. I think its OK so far.

There is actually an animated movie called Dead Space: Downfall. The movie is kind of the prequel to the game. If you're into storyline of the game, you definitely must watch the movie first before you play the game.

Brief introduction to the story:

Set in the 26th century, Dead Space revolves around Isaac Clarke, a space engineer who works for the Concordance Extraction Corporation (C.E.C.), a company that operates giant mining ships throughout the galaxy. When the C.E.C. receives a distress call from the USG Ishimura (a “Planet Cracker”-class ship that destroys planets in order to extract valuable ore), Isaac and four other C.E.C. employees set out on the USG Kellion to rendezvous with the Ishimura in orbit above Aegis 7. Their assumption is that a mechanical failure is the only problem. At the beginning of the game, Isaac is seen watching a video sent to him by his ex-girlfriend, Nicole Brennan, who is currently on board the Ishimura.

Shortly after crash landing on the Ishimura's flight deck, the crew of USG Kellion is attacked by hostile creatures called Necromorphs. These creatures reproduce by reanimating deceased human bodies, violently mutating and assimilating them to become one of their own (A process referred to by a scientific backstory log as "Recombination"). Isaac escapes down an elevator, and is separated from the rest of the team. At this point, Isaac, Kendra Daniels, and Zach Hammond are the only surviving members of the USG Kellion.

The summary above is from Wikipedia

Some trailers:

Click this if you can't see the video.


Click this if you can't see the video.

So far I'm satisfied with the game. A must have if you're a fan of Resident Evil 4 type of game.

Will I buy the game for PS3? Most likely... =P

No comments:

 
Website Design Sydney
Website Design Sydney